With hard work and exercise, there must be adequate rest. During the sleeping hours, the body is repaired and invigorated for another day. Youth need abundant sleep.
- Be regular in hours of rest.
- Sleep with abundant supply of fresh air in your room, otherwise you may awaken feeling tired and exhausted.
- „The sleep of laboring man is sweet“ Eccl 5:12
- Go to bed early and arise early. Staying up late and then sleeping away the morning hours is not healthful. During the deepest part of sleep, the greatest amount of growth hormones are produced, for body repair, protein synthesis, brain collation and synoptic nerve ending renewal. Due to „circadian rhytm“ which is regulated by the suns´s rays, studied show that deepest sleep and the greatest amount of growth hormone production occur between the hours of 9 p.m. to 12 p.m.
- If you cannot sleep, take a warm bath. This will be relaxing and bring sleep.
- Deep breathing induces sound, refreshing sleep because it soothes and quiets the nerves.
- Never go to sleep after eating.
- Exercise increases natural hormones, which act as a tranquilizer, allowing deeper sleep.